Thursday, March 17, 2005

Matones Le’havyonim

Annual Duvy Deutsch Matones Le’havyonim collection. Read More
To all,

As has been customary over the years and this year being no different, I am collecting for “Matones Le’havyonim”.

To those who are not familiar, this goes to “Toras Chesed” an organization that is run by “Kalman Krohn (Pesach Krohn’s brother)

Last year he gave out over $186,000 (not a typo, and I just confirmed it with him as I wrote this e-mail). This money goes out to confirmed and verified “aniyim” all of the US. Many of which are great “Talmedai Chachomin, families with no mother or father, and generally with little resources to support themselves or their families.

There is an elaborate system that is in place that secures that the money gets to the people ON PURIM. I can fill you in on the details offline if you wish. (I don't want to make this e-mail any longer than I have to).

As has been my goal each year I try and collect my share that is assigned to me which is $5000. 2 years ago I am happy to say I attained my goal for the first time. A year which was not very good financially for many people. Last year I fell a little short. I thank you for your support in the last and I hope I can count on your this year as well. To those new people receiving this for the first time, I welcome you and hope that you’ll support this as well.

For people who are receiving this e-mail and have no idea who I am, I have your e-mail address bec. someone who sent me an e-mail (a joke, or a petition, or some other type of e-mail) had you on their e-mail list as well. Out of respect for your privacy I never sent your e-mail or used it. Considering this is a Mitzvah, I like to believe you'd be ok with me including you in it.

For all who are not familiar with Toras Chesed or Kalman Krohn, feel free to call me or him directly. His number is 732-363-3302.

Please send me a personal e-mail response and let me know how much you can contribute. There is no truth to the rumor that there is a cap on how much you can give. Feel free to give as big a check as you can afford to give.

For those living in queens normally as was the case in the past, I was happy to make pick up calls. However with it being Eruv Shabbos this year, I will ask everyone to either drop it off, mail it to me, or give it to me in shul.

My address is:
Duvy Deutsch
144-15 68th Rd.
Flushing, NY 11367.

The checks should be made out to Toras Chesed

Thank you all very much. You should all be “Ga-benched” to have Parnosa, health, happiness, and “Menuchas Hanefesh” (not in any particular order). Thank you very much for your "yidvenu Libo" which we lained a couple of weeks ago. I and Kalman thank you dearly.

Sincerely,

Duvy Deutsch

No comments: